If you need to take the backplate off your Ring Doorbell for any reason, it’s a pretty simple process. Here’s how to do it:
First, remove the battery cover by unscrewing the two screws that hold it in place.
With the cover off, you’ll see the battery and a small wire connecting it to the doorbell. Gently disconnect this wire (it may be helpful to use a small flathead screwdriver), and then remove the battery. With the battery out, you should now be able to see two more screws holding on the backplate.
Unscrew these, and then carefully remove the plate. If there are any wires still attached to it, gently disconnect them as well.
- Assuming you would like steps on how to remove the backplate of a Ring Doorbell: 1
- Locate the small notch on the bottom inner corner of the faceplate
- Insert a small, flat-head screwdriver or pry tool into the notch and gently pry up on the faceplate to release it from the mounting bracket
- Once the faceplate is released, pull it away from the device to remove it completely
- With the faceplate removed, you should now see four tiny screws holding the backplate in place
- Use a Phillips head screwdriver to remove these screws and then carefully pull off the backplate to access your device’s internals
How Do I Remove My Ring Doorbell Backing Plate?
If you need to remove your Ring doorbell’s backing plate, there are a few things you’ll need to do. First, use a screwdriver to remove the two screws that hold the plate in place. Next, gently pull the plate away from the wall.
Be careful not to damage the wires that are attached to the back of the plate. Finally, disconnect the wires from the back of the doorbell and remove the plate.
How Do You Remove a Ring Doorbell Faceplate Without a Tool?
If you need to remove your Ring Doorbell’s faceplate for any reason, you can do so without a tool. Simply grab the faceplate with your fingers and pull it straight off. Be careful not to pull too hard, as you could damage the wires inside the doorbell.
If your faceplate is stuck, you can use a flathead screwdriver to pry it off gently.
How Do You Take the Faceplate off a Ring Doorbell 2?
If you’re having trouble with your Ring Doorbell 2 and need to take the faceplate off, don’t worry—it’s a pretty easy process. Here’s how to do it:
1. Unscrew the two screws on the back of the doorbell using a Phillips head screwdriver.
2. Gently pull the faceplate away from the doorbell body. You may need to wiggle it a bit to get it started, but it should come off fairly easily. 3. Once the faceplate is off, you’ll see four wires attached to terminals on the back of the doorbell—red (positive), black (negative), yellow (chime), and green (ground).
Carefully disconnect these wires, making sure not to mix them up when you reattach them later. 4. That’s it! You can now access the internals of your Ring Doorbell 2 and make any necessary repairs or replacements.
Just be sure to put everything back together carefully before screwing in the faceplate and attaching those wires again.
How Do I Remove My Doorbell Cover?
Assuming you would like tips on how to remove a doorbell cover:
1.Start by examining the doorbell cover to see how it is attached to the wall or doorframe. If there are screws, gently unscrew them with a screwdriver.
If the cover is held in place with nails, use a hammer to carefully remove them. 2.Once the screws or nails have been removed, the doorbell cover should come away from the wall easily. If it does not, check to see if there are any other fasteners holding it in place.
3.If everything appears to be loose, GENTLY pry the cover off of the wall using a putty knife or similar tool. Be careful not to damage either the doorbell cover or the wall itself. 4.Once the doorbell cover has been removed, clean both it and the area around where it was mounted thoroughly before replacing or discarding it as necessary.
Easily remove back plate bracket from Ring Video Doorbell
How to Remove Faceplate from Ring Doorbell 3
If you need to remove the faceplate from your Ring Doorbell 3 for any reason, follow these simple steps. With the doorbell powered off, use a small Phillips head screwdriver to remove the two screws from the bottom of the device. Next, gently pull on the faceplate until it pops off.
Be careful not to damage any of the wires that are attached to the back of the faceplate. Once the faceplate is removed, you’ll have access to the doorbell’s battery and other internal components.
If you need to take your Ring Doorbell off its backplate, follow these simple steps. First, unscrew the two screws that hold the doorbell in place. Next, use a small flathead screwdriver to pry the bottom of the doorbell away from the backplate.
Finally, pull the doorbell away from the backplate and disconnect the wires.