1. Find the small black release button on the back of your Ring Doorbell and press it.
2. Carefully pull the faceplate off of your Doorbell.
3. Use a Phillips head screwdriver to remove the two screws holding down the battery cover.
4. Take out the old batteries and insert new ones, making sure that they are facing the correct way. 5. Replace the battery cover and screw it in place.
- Remove the faceplate of the doorbell by unscrewing the retaining screws
- Use a flathead screwdriver to remove the battery cover
- Disconnect the old battery and connect the new one in its place
- Make sure that the new battery is properly seated and then replace the battery cover and screw it in place
- Replace the faceplate of the doorbell and screw it back into place
How Do I Change the Battery on My Ring Doorbell?
If your Ring Doorbell is not charging, or if you want to change out the battery to be on the safe side, here are the steps you need to follow. Keep in mind that you’ll need a small Phillips head screwdriver and a putty knife for this project.
1. First, use the putty knife to gently pry off the faceplate of your Ring Doorbell.
You should see four screws holding it in place; two at the top and two at the bottom. 2. Unscrew these four screws with your Phillips head screwdriver and set them aside, along with the faceplate. 3. Next, locate the wire connector on the back of your doorbell and disconnect it by pressing down on the tab and sliding it off (it may help to use something like a paperclip to depress the tab).
4. With the wire connector disconnected, you should now be able to remove the back plate of your doorbell by gently pulling it away from the body of the device. Set this piece aside as well. 5. At this point, you should see your doorbell’s battery compartment; there will likely be a small strip of white tape holding it closed (this is just there to keep moisture out).
Remove this tape and open up the compartment…and voila! There’s your battery!
Is the Battery Removable on a Ring Doorbell?
No, the battery is not removable on a Ring Doorbell. The battery is sealed inside the doorbell unit and is not designed to be removed. If you need to replace the battery, you will need to purchase a new doorbell unit.
Can Ring Batteries Be Replaced?
Yes, Ring batteries can be replaced. There are two ways to do this: with a screwdriver or with the help of a battery door release tool.
If you have a screwdriver, remove the four screws from the back of your device and pull off the back plate.
Locate the battery compartment and unscrew the two small screws that hold it in place. Gently remove the old batteries and insert new ones, making sure that they are facing the correct way. Screw the compartment back in place and reattach the back plate.
If you have a battery door release tool, simply insert it into the hole on the back of your device and push until the back plate pops off. Locate the battery compartment and unscrew the two small screws that hold it in place. Gently remove the old batteries and insert new ones, making sure that they are facing correct way.
How Many Years Does a Ring Doorbell Battery Last?
Most Ring Doorbells use a standard, replaceable battery. The company recommends that you change your battery every 12 to 18 months, depending on how often you use your doorbell. If you have an older model that uses a non-replaceable battery, it will last between 3 and 5 years.
RING doorbell battery replacement
Ring Doorbell 1 Battery Replacement
If you have a Ring Doorbell 1, chances are you will eventually need to replace the battery. This is a relatively easy process that anyone can do with just a few tools. Here’s what you’ll need to do to replace your Ring Doorbell 1 battery:
1. Start by removing the faceplate of your doorbell. There are usually two screws holding it in place; simply unscrew them and set the plate aside. 2. With the faceplate removed, you should be able to see the battery compartment.
Open it up and remove the old battery (be careful not to touch any of the wires). 3. Insert the new battery into the compartment, making sure that the positive and negative terminals are lined up correctly. Close up the compartment and screw on the faceplate.
That’s it! Your Ring Doorbell 1 should now be good as new.
How to Remove Battery from Ring Doorbell 3
If you need to remove the battery from your Ring Doorbell 3, there are a few simple steps you can follow. First, use a small Phillips head screwdriver to remove the two screws that hold the faceplate in place. Next, gently pull on the bottom of the faceplate until it pops off.
With the faceplate removed, you will see two more screws holding the battery cover in place. Remove these screws and then lift up on the battery cover to remove it. Finally, disconnect the wire harness from the battery before removing it completely from the doorbell.
How to Remove Battery from Ring Doorbell 4
If you need to remove the battery from your Ring Doorbell 4 for any reason, here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it.
1. Start by removing the faceplate of the doorbell. There are two screws that hold it in place, located at the top and bottom of the plate.
Use a screwdriver to remove them both. 2. With the faceplate removed, you should now see the battery compartment. There are four screws holding it in place, two at the top and two at the bottom.
Remove all four screws with a screwdriver. 3. Carefully lift off the battery cover and set it aside. You should now see the battery itself, which is held in place by a small metal clip.
4. Use a flathead screwdriver or something similar to gently pry up on the clip until it releases from the battery terminal. With that done, you can now remove the battery from its compartment entirely.
How to Change Battery in Ring Doorbell 2
If you have a Ring Doorbell 2, you may be wondering how to change the battery. This blog post will provide detailed instructions on how to do just that!
First, remove the faceplate of the doorbell by loosening the two screws that hold it in place.
With the faceplate removed, you will see the battery compartment. Inside, there is a small tab that must be lifted in order to release the battery. Once the tab is lifted, carefully remove the old battery and insert the new one, making sure that it is seated properly in the compartment.
Finally, replace the faceplate and screw it back into place. That’s it – you’ve now successfully changed the battery in your Ring Doorbell 2!
If your Ring Doorbell isn’t working properly, it might just need a new battery. Here’s how to replace the battery in your Ring Doorbell:
1. Remove the faceplate of your Ring Doorbell by pressing on the tab at the bottom and then pulling it off.
2. Use a small screwdriver to remove the two screws that hold the battery cover in place. 3. Take out the old battery and insert a new one, making sure that the positive end is pointing up. 4. Replace the battery cover and screw it back into place.
Then, snap on the faceplate and you’re done!