If you have a Ring Doorbell, chances are you will eventually need to replace the battery. While this may seem like a daunting task, it is actually quite easy to do. Here are the steps you need to follow in order to replace the battery in your Ring Doorbell:
1) Remove the faceplate of the doorbell by pressing the release button on the back and then pulling off the faceplate. 2) Use a screwdriver to remove the two screws that secure the battery cover. 3) Lift off the battery cover and then disconnect the old battery from its terminals.
4) Connect the new battery to its terminals and then replace the battery cover. Secure it with screws. Make sure that everything is tightened properly.
If not, your doorbell might not work correctly. Also, keep in mind that over-tightening can strip screws or break plastic parts, so don’t overtighten! Just make sure everything feels snug and secure.
- Remove the faceplate of your Ring Doorbell by unscrewing the two screws on the bottom
- With the faceplate removed, you should see four small holes around the perimeter of the doorbell
- These are for the security screws that keep your Ring Doorbell in place
- Using a small screwdriver or Allen wrench, remove these screws and set them aside
- With the security screws removed, you should be able to pull off the back cover of your Ring Doorbell revealing the battery compartment
- Inside the battery compartment, you will see a white tab attached to one end of the battery
- Gently pull on this tab to disconnect the battery from its power source before removing it completely from the compartment
- 5a) Install your new CR123A lithium 3-volt battery into the empty slot making sure thatthe positive side (+) is facing up as indicated bythe raised ridge insidethe batterycompartment (as seen in image below)
- Once installed, press down onthe batteryslightly untilyou hear it clickinto place thenreconnectthe white tabto its power source (opposite endof wherebattery wasinstalled)
- OR 5b) If using 18650 rechargeable batteries:Installyour new 18650 rechargeable batteries into thee empty slotsmaking surethat eachone’spositive sideis facing upand that theyare inserted intothe correct order accordingto their respective placing markers(i1, i2, and i3 as seenin image below)
- Onceall batteries areinstalled, press downon each one slightlyuntil you hear themclick into placethen reconnectthe whitetab to its powersource (oppositendof wherebatterieswere installed)
- Reattach backcover and lineup all fourscrew holeswith thoseon backcover then begin insertingand tighteningsecurity screwsone at a timein a star pattern(do not overtighten asthis may strip outscrew holes)
- Finally, reattachfaceplate usingtwo originalbottom screws– again do notovertighten theseor youmay strip outthreads
How Do I Change My Ring Doorbell Battery?
If your Ring Doorbell is not functioning properly, one of the first things you should check is the battery. In this article, we’ll show you how to change your Ring Doorbell battery.
To remove the old battery:
1. Remove the faceplate from the doorbell by unscrewing the two screws on the sides of the faceplate. 2. Use a flathead screwdriver or a small pry tool to gently remove the battery cover from the back of theRing Doorbell. Be careful not to damage any ofthe electrical components inside the doorbell.
3. Disconnectthe old battery fromthe wiring harness by pressing onthe small tab and sliding it out ofthe connector. Then, removethe old battery fromthe housing and dispose ofit properly. To install thenew batter y: 1 .
Insertthenew batter yinto thee nclosure so thatthesmaller contact pointis facing up . 2 . Reconnectthesame wires tothenew batter yby lining upthe contacts and pushingdown firmly untilyou heara click .
3 . Snapback intoplaceand screw in bot hscrews untiltight . 4 .
Is the Battery Removable on a Ring Doorbell?
No, the battery is not removable on a Ring Doorbell. The battery is internal and not user replaceable.
Do Ring Batteries Need to Be Replaced?
Yes, the batteries in your Ring device will eventually need to be replaced. Depending on how often you use your device and the temperature of your environment, your batteries could last anywhere from 3-6 months. When your batteries start to die, you’ll notice that your device isn’t holding a charge as well as it used to and the battery life indicator in the app will reflect this.
Replacing the batteries in your Ring is easy and only takes a few minutes. You’ll need to purchase some CR123 lithium 3-volt batteries (available at most hardware stores) and then follow these simple steps: 1. Remove the faceplate from your Ring by unscrewing the two screws on the back of the device.
2. Take out the old batteries and dispose of them properly. 3. Insert fresh batteries into your Ring, being careful to match up the positive (+) and negative (-) ends correctly. 4. Screw on the faceplate until it’s snug but don’t overtighten it – you should be able to remove it by hand when you need to replace the batteries again in future.
What Happens When Ring Doorbell Battery Dies?
If your Ring Doorbell’s battery dies, you won’t be able to use it until you recharge the battery. When the battery is low, you’ll see a red light on the front of the doorbell. Once the battery is completely dead, the doorbell will stop working altogether.
To recharge the battery, you’ll need to remove the doorbell from its mount and then connect it to a power source using the included micro USB cable. It takes about 4-5 hours to fully charge the battery.
RING doorbell battery replacement
How to Replace Battery on Ring Doorbell 1
If you have a Ring Doorbell 1, chances are you will eventually need to replace the battery. While it’s not a difficult process, there are a few steps you need to follow to ensure everything goes smoothly. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to replace the battery on your Ring Doorbell 1:
1) First, unscrew the faceplate of the doorbell using a Phillips head screwdriver. Be careful not to lose the small screws! 2) Next, disconnect the wire connector from the main board by gently pulling it up.
3) With the wire connector disconnected, you should now be able to see the battery. Gently pull out the old battery and insert the new one in its place making sure that the positive and negative sides are facing correctly. 4) Reconnect the wire connector to the main board and screw back on the faceplate.
That’s it! You’ve now successfully replaced your Ring Doorbell 1’s battery.
If your Ring Doorbell is acting up, it might be time for a new battery. Luckily, replacing the battery in your Ring Doorbell is a pretty easy process. Just follow these simple steps and you’ll have a new battery installed in no time.
1. Start by removing the faceplate of your Ring Doorbell. There are usually two screws that hold it in place. Once the screws are removed, you should be able to simply pull off the faceplate.
2. With the faceplate off, you’ll be able to see the battery compartment. Use a screwdriver to remove the two screws that secure the cover of the battery compartment and then lift off the cover. 3. Take out the old batteries and insert new ones in their place making sure to observe correct polarity (the + and – symbols on the batteries).