If you have recently purchased a home that has a Ring doorbell already installed, you may be wondering how to go about registering it to your name. The process is actually quite simple and only takes a few minutes to complete.
- Uninstall the Ring app from your mobile device
- Download the Ring app from the App Store or Google Play store
- Open the Ring app and create an account using your new owner’s information
- Follow the prompts to add your new Ring Doorbell to the account
- Once registered, you will be able to view and manage your Ring Doorbell through the app
How Do I Register My Ring Doorbell to a New Owner
If you’re moving and would like to keep using your Ring Doorbell, you can register it to a new owner through the Ring app. To do this:
1. Open the Ring app on your mobile device and sign in with your username and password.
2. Tap the three lines in the top left corner of the Dashboard screen to open the menu. 3. Tap Devices. 4. Select your Ring Doorbell from the list of devices registered to your account.
If you have more than one location registered, select the location where your Ring Doorbell is installed before selecting your device. 5. Tap Share Device and then tap Register New Owner at the bottom of the screen that appears next. You’ll be prompted to enter the new owner’s name, email address, and phone number (optional).
How Do I Change the Ownership of My Ring Doorbell
If you’re the original owner of your Ring Doorbell, and you want to transfer ownership to someone else, here’s what you need to do:
1. Log into your Ring account at ring.com/account.
2. Hover over the doorbell that you want to transfer and click on the three dots in the top right corner.
3. Click on “Edit Device” from the drop-down menu. 4. In the “Device Ownership” section, click on “Transfer device ownership.” 5. Enter the email address of the person who you want to transfer ownership to and click “Send Request.”
6. The new owner will receive an email with a link to accept the transfer request. Once they accept it, they’ll be able to log into their own Ring account and manage the device going forward.
How Do I Unregister My Ring Doorbell from an Old Owner
If you’ve recently purchased a home that has a Ring doorbell installed, you may want to unregister it from the previous owner. This can be done through the Ring app. Here’s how:
1. Open the Ring app and tap on the three lines in the top left corner. 2. Tap on Devices and then select your doorbell from the list. 3. Tap on Device Settings and scroll down to Unregister Device.
4. Tap on Unregister Device and confirm by tapping Yes, Unregister when prompted. 5. Once you’ve successfully unregistered your device, you’ll need to register it to your own account.
Reset Ring Video Doorbell To Default Settings
How to Bypass Ring Ownership
If you’re looking to bypass Ring ownership, there are a few things you can do. The first is to find a friend or family member who doesn’t have a Ring account and use their phone to access your camera. Once you have their phone, open the app and select “Log in with Facebook.”
This will allow you to log in without creating a new account. Another way to bypass Ring ownership is to use a VPN. This will mask your IP address and make it appear as if you’re located in another country.
There are many free VPNs available, but we recommend using ExpressVPN as it’s one of the most reliable and easy-to-use options. Once you have a VPN set up, connect to a server in another country and then try logging into your Ring account. If neither of these methods work for you, there’s one last thing you can try: factory resetting your camera.
This will erase all data from your device, including any login information associated with your Ring account. To do this, simply press and hold the reset button on the back of your camera for 30 seconds. Keep in mind that this will also delete any recordings stored on your device, so be sure to back them up before proceeding!
If you’re selling your home, you’ll need to transfer ownership of your Ring Doorbell to the new homeowner. Here’s how to do it:
1. Go to ring.com/account and sign in with your credentials.
2. Click on the three lines in the top left corner of the screen and select “Devices” from the dropdown menu. 3. Find the device you’d like to transfer and click on it. 4. Scroll down and click “Transfer Device Ownership.”
5. Enter the new owner’s information and click “Confirm.”