To reconnect your Ring Doorbell to a new Wi-Fi network:
1. Launch the Ring app and tap on the three lines in the top left corner, then select Devices.
2. Find your Ring Doorbell on the list of devices and tap on it.
3. Tap on Device Health and scroll down to Network Connection. 4. Tap on Reconnect to new network and enter the SSID and password for your new Wi-Fi network, then tap Save Changes.
- If your Ring Doorbell gets disconnected from your WiFi network, you can reconnect it by following these steps: 2
- First, open the Ring app and tap on the three lines in the top left corner of the main screen
- Next, select Devices from the list that appears and find your doorbell listed under Removed Devices
- Tap on Reconnect next to your doorbell’s name and follow the on-screen instructions to reconnect it to your WiFi network
How to Reconnect Ring Doorbell to New Wifi
If you’ve recently changed your home’s WiFi network and need to reconnect your Ring Doorbell, follow these simple steps.
First, open the Ring app and tap on the three lines in the top left corner of the main screen. From there, select “Devices” and find your doorbell listed under “Other Devices.”
Tap on your doorbell, then scroll down and tap on “Device Health.” Here you’ll see your current wifi connection listed under “Network.” If this is blank or says “Not Connected,” tap on it to enter your new WiFi network password.
Once you’ve entered the password for your new network, simply wait a few moments for the Ring Doorbell to connect. You should see a green check mark next to “Network” once it’s connected successfully.
Why Won’T My Ring Doorbell Connect to My New Wifi Network
If your Ring Doorbell won’t connect to your new wifi network, there are a few things you can try:
1. Make sure that the password for your new wifi network is correct. Sometimes people make mistakes when entering in their wifi password and as a result, their devices are unable to connect.
2. Ensure that the SSID (name of your wifi network) is entered correctly in the Ring app. If it’s not, your doorbell will be unable to find your wifi network and thus, won’t be able to connect. 3. Check to see if there are any firmware updates available for your Ring Doorbell.
Oftentimes, connectivity issues can be fixed by simply updating the device’s firmware to the latest version. To do this, open up the Ring app and navigate to the Device Settings page for your doorbell. Then, tap on “Check for Updates” and follow the prompts from there.
4. Restarting both your router and doorbell can sometimes fix connectivity issues as well. To restart your doorbell, simply remove it from its mounting plate and then reattach it after 30 seconds or so have passed.
What Do I Need to Do to Get My Ring Doorbell Working With My New Wifi Router
If you’re having trouble connecting your Ring Doorbell to your new wifi router, there are a few things you can try. First, make sure that the doorbell is within range of the router. If it’s too far away, it won’t be able to connect.
Second, check to see if the doorbell is connected to the correct network. To do this, open the Ring app and go to Settings > Networks. If you see multiple networks listed, make sure that the one you want your doorbell to connect to is selected.
If those two things don’t work, try restarting your router and/or your Ring Doorbell. To restart your doorbell, simply remove it from the mounting bracket and then put it back in place. This will cause it to power off and then back on again.
As for restarting your router, just unplug it from the power outlet for 30 seconds or so and then plug it back in. Once both devices have been restarted, try connecting again and see if that does the trick. Still having trouble?
Change Ring Doorbell WIFI Network
Change Ring Doorbell Wifi Without Removing
If you need to change the WiFi network that your Ring Doorbell is connected to, but don’t want to remove and reinstall the device, there’s an easy way to do it. Here’s how:
1. Open the Ring app on your mobile device.
2. Tap the three lines in the upper left corner of the main screen, then tap Devices. 3. Select your doorbell from the list of devices. 4. Tap Change Location under Network Connection.
5. Enter the new WiFi network name and password, then tap Save Changes. That’s it!
Ring Doorbell Won’T Connect to Wifi
If you’re having trouble connecting your Ring Doorbell to your home’s Wi-Fi network, there are a few things you can try. First, make sure that your router is on and working properly. Next, check to see if your Ring Doorbell is within range of your router.
If it’s not, try moving it closer. Finally, restart both your Ring Doorbell and your router to see if that resolves the issue. If you’re still having trouble connecting your Ring Doorbell to Wi-Fi, please contact our support team for help.
No Option to Change Wifi on Ring
If you’re like most people, your home wifi network is one of the most important connections in your life. So when you lose the ability to change your wifi password on your Ring device, it can be a frustrating experience.
There are a few reasons why this might happen, but the most likely cause is that your Ring device is connected to a guest network.
When you connect to a guest network, you’re typically given a set of limited rights and privileges, one of which is usually not being able to change the wifi password. The good news is that there’s usually a way around this problem. In most cases, you can simply ask the person who set up the guest network for the password so that you can enter it into your Ring app.
Once you have the correct password, you should be able to go into your settings and change it without any issues. If you’re still having trouble changing your wifi password onRing, there are a few other things you can try. One is to reset your Ring device to its factory settings and then try again.
This will usually fix any connectivity issues that might be preventing you from changing your password. Another option is to reach out to Ring customer support for help. They should be able to troubleshoot the issue and help you get access to your account so that you can make the changes you need.
Reconnect Ring Doorbell to Wifi
If you’re having trouble connecting your Ring Doorbell to your home wifi network, there are a few things you can try. First, make sure that your router is turned on and that theRing Doorbell is within range of the router. If you’re still having trouble, try restarting both your router and doorbell.
You can also try resetting your wifi password and reconnecting with the new password. If you’re still having trouble after trying all of these things, it’s possible that there’s an issue with your internet service provider (ISP). Contact your ISP to troubleshoot the issue.
If you’re moving your Ring Doorbell to a new wifi network, or if your wifi network has changed and you need to reconnect your doorbell, follow these simple steps.
First, open the Ring app and go to the Devices tab. Then, find your doorbell in the list of devices and tap on it.
Next, tap on the Reconnect button. Enter your new wifi password when prompted and then tap on the Connect button. That’s it!
Your Ring Doorbell will now be connected to your new wifi network.