If you want to avoid drilling holes into your doorframe, you can use the Ring Doorbell’s adhesive mount. This is a plastic plate that has an adhesive backing. To attach it, just peel off the backing and stick it to your doorframe at the level where you want your Doorbell to sit.
Then, snap the Doorbell into place on the mount.
How To Install A Video Doorbell at Apartments
- Remove the battery cover from the back of the Ring Doorbell by pressing and holding on the small tab
- With a Phillips head screwdriver, remove the two screws that are holding the battery cover in place
- Take out the batteries and set them aside
- Locate the four holes on the back of the Ring Doorbell where the screws would normally go
- Using a hammer or other blunt object, lightly tap around each of the four holes until you hear or feel a click indicating that the hole is no longer threaded
- Place double-sided adhesive tape or another strong adhesive in each of the now unthreaded holes (we recommend 3M Heavy Duty Mounting Tape)
- Press your Ring Doorbell firmly against your chosen surface and hold for 30 seconds while it bonds to the adhesive
Ring No-Drill Mount Installation Video
This installation video covers the process of installing a ring no-drill mount. This type of mount is ideal for situations where drilling into the wall is not an option, such as in rented apartments or office spaces. The ring no-drill mount comes with all the necessary hardware and can be installed in minutes without any special tools.
How Do You Install a Ring Doorbell Without a Drill Mount?
If you don’t have a drill or if you’re not comfortable using one, don’t worry – you can still install your Ring Doorbell! All you need is a hammer, a screwdriver, and a few nails.
Start by attaching the mounting plate to your doorframe using the screws provided.
Then, line up your Ring Doorbell on the plate and use the nails to secure it in place. Be sure to hammer them in at an angle so they grip the doorbell tightly. Finally, connect your Ring Doorbell to power and wait for it to charge.
Once it’s fully charged, you’ll be able to start using it right away!
How Do You Hang a Ring Camera Without Screws?
If you don’t want to put holes in your walls or doorframe, there are a few alternative ways to hang your Ring camera. You can use double-sided mounting tape, Command strips, or even Velcro. Just make sure whatever you use can support the weight of the camera and won’t damage your paint or wallpaper.
To hang your Ring camera with double-sided mounting tape, start by cleaning the surface where you’ll be attaching the tape. Then peel off one side of the backing and attach it to the bottom of the camera base. Press firmly to make sure it’s secure.
Next, remove the other side of the backing and stick the camera to your desired spot on the wall or doorframe. Again, press firmly to ensure a good bond. If you’re using Command strips, start by peeling off one side of the adhesive strip and attaching it to the bottom of the camera base.
Then hold up the camera to your desired location and mark on both sides where you’ll need to place more strips for support. Remove the camera and apply strips along those marks. Be sure to follow any directions included with your Command strips for best results.
Finally, reattach yourcamera and press down firmly on all attachment points for a secure hold. You can also use Velcro dots or squares in lieu of screws or nails when hanging your Ring Camera . Simply adhere two dots or squares (one hook side , one loop side)to boththe backofyourcameraandthesurfaceyou’dliketomountitonto .
That’sit ! Thesedotshaveagreathold , butcanberemovedwithoutdamagingmostsurfacesifneedbe .
Can I Mount Ring Doorbell With Adhesive?
The short answer is yes, you can use an adhesive to mount your Ring Doorbell. However, we do not recommend doing this as it may damage your door or frame and it will void your warranty. If you must use an adhesive, we recommend using a high-strength product like Command strips.
Can I Hang My Ring Doorbell With Command Strips?
If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to install your Ring Doorbell, using Command Strips is a great option. Here’s what you need to know about using them:
Can I use Command Strips to install my Ring Doorbell?
Yes, you can! In fact, installing your Ring Doorbell with Command Strips is a great way to get it up and running quickly and easily. All you need is a few strips and some basic tools, and you’ll be good to go.
How do I install my Ring Doorbell with Command Strips? Installing your Ring Doorbell with Command Strips is simple. Just follow these steps:
1. Start by cleaning the surface where you’ll be attaching the doorbell. This will help the strips adhere better. 2. Next, apply the strips to the back of the doorbell according to the package instructions.
3. Once the strips are in place, press the doorbell firmly onto the surface where you’re mounting it. That’s it! Your Ring Doorbell is now installed using Command Strips.
If you’re looking for a way to mount your Ring Doorbell without screws, there are a few options available. You can use double-sided tape, Command Strips, or Velcro to secure the doorbell to your doorframe. Each option has its own pros and cons, so be sure to choose the one that best suits your needs.