Connecting your Ring Doorbell to Alexa can be a great way to stay connected with your home from anywhere in the world. With Alexa, you can easily check who is at the door and even control your Ring Doorbell from any compatible device. This tutorial will walk you through the steps of connecting Alexa to your Ring Doorbell.
Connecting Alexa to Ring Doorbell
To connect your Ring Doorbell to Alexa, you first need to download the Ring app and create an account. When you’ve finished, launch the app and select the Devices tab. Tap the doorbell that you wish to link to Alexa at the very top of the screen.
Then, scroll down and tap on Connect to Alexa. On the next screen, select which Echo device you want to use and follow the instructions.
- Download the Ring app for iOS or Android and log in.
- Tap the menu button in the top-left corner of the home screen, then tap Devices.
- Select your doorbell from the list of devices, then tap Connect to Alexa.
- Follow the prompts to link your Ring account with your Amazon account and enable skills in the Alexa app.
- Once everything is set up, you can say things like “Alexa, show me my front door” or “Alexa, answer the door” to have Alexa show you a live video feed from your Ring Doorbell camera.
Why Alexa is not Connecting to Ring Doorbell?
If you’re having trouble connecting your Ring doorbell to your Amazon Alexa. There are a few things you can try. Make sure that the devices are on the same Wi-Fi network. It won’t be possible for you to connect them if they aren’t.
Restart both the Amazon Alexa and Ring doorbells at this time. This will often fix any connection issues. Finally, if all else fails, factory reset your Ring doorbell and try connecting it again from scratch.
Can I Connect a Doorbell to Alexa?
Yes, you can connect a doorbell to Alexa. You will need to purchase a compatible doorbell and an Echo device. Once you have these two items, you can follow the instructions that come with the doorbell to connect it to your home’s Wi-Fi network and then to your Echo device.
After the initial setup is complete, you will be able to use your voice to activate the doorbell and see who is at the door via the Echo’s screen.
Connecting Alexa to Ring Doorbell
Other options to pair with Ring Doorbell
1)Ring Doorbell Alexa Chime
A smart doorbell is for you if you’ve ever wanted to check to see if someone was at your door without getting up. Plus, if you have an Amazon Echo gadget, you can set it to chime to let you realize when someone is at the door. Here’s how to configure it.
Ensure that your Ring doorbell is set up correctly and is linked to WiFi. Next, access the Devices tab in the Alexa app on your smartphone. Choose Doorbells from the device menu on your Echo.
Choose the name of your Ring doorbell from there. Alexa will now alert your chosen Echo device that someone is at the door whenever your Ring Doorbell button is pressed.
You can also say things like “Alexa, who’s at the front door?” or “Alexa, show me who’s at the front door.”
This can be really helpful if you’re busy in another part of the house and don’t want to miss a visitor.
2)Ring Doorbell with Echo Show 8
It’s an outstanding idea to link your Ring Doorbell to an Echo Show 8 if you want to boost the convenience and security of your house.
Here’s how to get it done:
1. Start by ensuring that both your Ring Doorbell and Echo Show 8 are powered on and connected to the internet.
2. Open the Alexa app on your mobile device and select the “Devices” tab.
3. Select the “+” icon in the top right corner and search for “Ring.”
4. Select “Ring Doorbells” from the list of devices and then choose the specific doorbell you want to connect (if you have more than one).
5. On the next screen, select “Link Device.” You may be prompted to enter your Ring login credentials at this point.
6. Once linked, you’ll be able to see and hear a live video from your Ring Doorbell on your Echo Show.
7. You can also use voice commands to control it – just say “Alexa, show me the front door camera” or “Alexa, answer the door.”
That’s all there is to it! Now you can keep an eye on things at home even when you’re not there – perfect for keeping an eye on packages being delivered or checking in on visitors without having to open the door yourself.
3) Ring Doorbell with Alexa Echo Show 5
If you’re looking to connect your Ring device to your Echo Show 5, here’s a quick guide on how to do it. First, make sure that both your Ring and Echo Show 5 are powered on and connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Next, open the Alexa app on your mobile device and go to the Devices tab.
Tap on the + icon in the top right corner and select Add Device. Select Ring from the list of compatible devices and follow the instructions to complete the setup. Once everything is connected, you’ll be able to view your Ring camera’s live feed directly on your Echo Show 5’s display.
4) Ring Doorbell Echo Dot
If you’re looking for a way to make your home more secure, consider investing in the Ring Doorbell Echo Dot. This smart device allows you to see and speak with visitors at your door, even when you’re not home. You can also use it to keep an eye on your property while you’re away.
The best part? The Ring Doorbell Echo Dot works with Amazon’s Alexa, so you can use your voice to control it. Here’s everything you need to know about the Ring Doorbell Echo Dot.
If you want to be able to see and speak with visitors at your door without having to open the door, you can connect your Ring Doorbell with Amazon’s Alexa. This way, you can use an Echo Show or other compatible device to see and talk to whoever is at your door. Make sure Ring and Echo are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, open the Alexa app, search for Ring skill, sign in with Ring account credentials, choose the device, link the new device, and enter a 6-digit code.