If you have a Ring Doorbell 2, you may be wondering how to change your wifi. The good news is that it’s actually quite easy to do! Here are the steps:
1. First, open up the Ring app on your smartphone or tablet. 2. Next, tap on the “Settings” tab at the bottom of the screen. 3. After that, select “Doorbells” from the list of options.
4. Now, choose the doorbell that you want to change the wifi for. 5. Finally, tap on “Change Wifi” and follow the prompts to enter in your new wifi information.
- Go to your Ring app and sign in
- Tap the three lines in the top left corner of the main screen, then select “Devices
- Find your Doorbell on the list of devices and tap it
- Scroll down and select “Change WiFi Network
- Enter your new WiFi network name and password, then select “Continue
- Your Doorbell will now be connected to your new WiFi network!
How Do I Connect My Ring Doorbell 2 to a New Wifi?
If you’ve recently purchased a Ring Doorbell 2 and are looking to connect it to your home’s Wi-Fi network, there’s no need to worry – the process is straightforward and only takes a few minutes. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
1. Download the Ring app for iOS or Android and create an account.
2. Once you’ve logged in, tap on the “Devices” tab at the bottom of the screen. 3. Tap on the “Add Device” button in the top-right corner. 4. Select “Doorbells” from the list of device types.
5. Choose your Ring Doorbell 2 from the list of devices that appears. If you don’t see it listed, make sure it’s connected to power and within range of your Wi-Fi router (it needs to be within 100 feet). 6. Follow the prompts to connect your doorbell to Wi-Fi.
You’ll need your home network name (SSID) and password handy during this step. That’s it!
How Do I Change the Wifi on My Ring Doorbell?
If you need to change your WiFi network for your Ring Doorbell, follow these steps:
1. Open the Ring app and tap the three lines in the top left corner of the Dashboard to open the Menu.
2. Tap Devices.
3. Select your Ring Doorbell from the list of devices. If you have multiple devices, select the one you want to adjust under “Which device?” 4. Tap Change WiFi Network and enter your new network’s password when prompted.
5. Once connected, return to the main menu by tapping Devices again then selecting your device under “Which device?”. 6. From here, confirm that everything is working as it should be by testing out all of the features in Live View mode!
Change Ring Doorbell 2 WIFI Network
Change Ring Doorbell Wifi Without Removing
If you need to change the WiFi network that your Ring Doorbell is connected to, it’s actually really easy to do without having to remove the doorbell from your door. Here’s how:
1. Open the Ring app on your smartphone or tablet.
2. Tap on the menu icon in the top-left corner of the screen. 3. Tap on “Devices” in the menu. 4. Select your Ring Doorbell from the list of devices.
5. Tap on “Change WiFi Network” under “Device Settings”. 6. Enter the new WiFi network information and tap “Connect”. 7. That’s it!
If you need to change your WiFi network on your Ring Doorbell 2, here’s how:
1. Tap the three lines in the top left corner of the main screen.
2. Scroll down and tap Devices.
3. Select your doorbell from the list of devices. 4. Tap the Connection Type button near the bottom of the device information page and select WiFi from the menu that appears. 5. Enter your new WiFi network name and password when prompted and tap Done in the upper right corner when you’re finished entering this information (if you’re not sure what your password is, check with whoever set up your home network).
6. That’s it! Your Ring Doorbell 2 will now connect to your new WiFi network automatically whenever it’s in range.