To change your Ring Doorbell’s WiFi network, you’ll need to access the device through the Ring app. From there, go to the Device Settings menu and select Change Device Location. This will allow you to edit the WiFi network that your Doorbell is connected to.
Make sure to save your changes before exiting the menu.
- To change the WiFi on your Ring Doorbell, open the Ring app and tap on the three lines in the top left corner of the main screen
- Scroll down and tap Devices
- Select your Doorbell from the list of devices installed at your home
- If you have not yet connected your Doorbell to WiFi, it will say “Not Connected” under its name
- Tap Change WiFi Network and enter the password for your new network when prompted
- Once successfully connected, your Doorbell will show as “Connected” under its name in the Devices menu
How Do I Change My Wifi on My Ring Doorbell
If you need to change your WiFi network on your Ring Doorbell, follow these simple steps:
1. Open the Ring app and tap on the three lines in the top left corner of the main screen.
2. Scroll down and tap on Devices.
3. Select your Ring Doorbell from the list of devices connected to your account. 4. Tap on Device Settings. 5. Scroll down and tap on Change WiFi Network under the Connection section.
Change the WiFi on your Ring doorbell or cameras
Change Ring Doorbell Wifi Without Removing
If you need to change the wifi on your Ring Doorbell, there’s no need to remove the device. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
1. On your mobile device, open the Ring app and tap the three lines in the top left corner.
2. Scroll down and tap Devices. 3. Tap on your doorbell to select it. 4. Tap Device Health and then scroll down to Wi-Fi Network Connection section and tap Change Network.
If you don’t see this option, it means that your doorbell is not currently connected to wifi or there is an issue with its current connection that needs to be fixed first before proceeding (e.g., weak signal). 5. Select the new network you want your doorbell to connect to from the list of available networks and enter in the password, if required.
How to Change Wifi on Ring Doorbell 2
If your router is not close to your Ring Doorbell 2, or you want to change the WiFi network it connects to, follow these instructions. You’ll need the name (SSID) and password for the new WiFi network.
1. From the Ring app, tap Devices in the upper-left corner of the Dashboard tab.
2. Tap Device Settings for your Ring Doorbell 2 3. Tap Change WiFi Network under Connectivity 4. Select the new WiFi network from the list and enter its password 5. Tap Continue 6. Your device will now connect to your new WiFi network!
How to Reconnect Ring Doorbell to Wifi
If you’re having trouble connecting your Ring Doorbell to your home wifi network, there are a few things you can try. First, check to make sure that your router is on and working properly. Next, try restarting your Ring Doorbell by pressing the reset button for 20 seconds.
Finally, if you’re still having trouble, you can contact Ring support for help.
How to Connect Ring Doorbell to Wifi
If you’re looking to connect your Ring Doorbell to a Wi-Fi network, there are just a few simple steps you need to follow. First, open up the Ring app on your smartphone or tablet and select the “Devices” tab. From here, choose the doorbell that you want to connect to Wi-Fi and tap on it.
Next, scroll down and select “Change Connection Type.” You should now see an option for “Wireless (Wi-Fi).” Select this option and then enter in the password for your home’s Wi-Fi network.
Once you’ve done this, hit “Apply” and your Ring Doorbell should now be connected!
If you need to change the Wi-Fi network for your Ring Doorbell, it’s a pretty simple process. Here are the steps:
1. Open the Ring app and tap on the doorbell you want to modify.
2. Tap on “Device Settings” and then select “Change Network.” 3. Choose the new Wi-Fi network from the list and enter its password.