If you’re like most people, you probably don’t think about changing the distance on your Ring Doorbell 3 very often. But if you live in an area with a lot of foot traffic, or if you have small children or pets, you might want to consider changing the distance setting.
- Open the Ring app and select your Doorbell 3 device
- Tap on the Device Settings cogwheel icon
- Scroll down and tap on Advanced Settings
- Tap on Distance Adjustment and use the slider to adjust the distance detection of your Doorbell 3 (between 1-30 feet)
How Do I Change the Distance on My Ring Doorbell 3
If you would like to change the distance at which your Ring Doorbell 3 will send you notifications, you can do so by following these steps:
1. Launch the Ring app and sign in with your credentials.
2. Select the menu icon in the top left corner of the dashboard.
3. Tap on “Devices” and then select your Doorbell 3 from the list of devices that appears. 4. On the Device Settings page, tap on “Notifications.” 5. From here, you can adjust both the motion detection sensitivity as well as how far away from your home the device will detect motion.
6. Once you’ve made your changes, be sure to tap on “Save” in order to save them.
Can I Adjust the Detection Range on My Ring Doorbell 3
Yes, you can adjust the detection range on your Ring Doorbell 3.0 Elite. To do so, simply open the Ring app and go to your device settings.
From there, select “Detection Zones” and then use the slider to adjust the distance that you would like your doorbell to detect movement.
How Can I Customize the Motion Sensing Distance on My Ring Doorbell 3
If you want to customize the motion sensing distance on your Ring Doorbell 3, you can do so by accessing the device’s settings menu. To do this, open the Ring app and tap on the three lines in the top left corner of the screen. Then, select “Devices” from the menu that appears.
Next, find and tap on your Ring Doorbell 3 in the list of devices. Once you’re on your device’s settings page, scroll down until you see the “Motion Zones” section. Here, you can adjust the distance at which your doorbell will detect motion.
Simply use the slider to choose your desired distance (the minimum is 10 feet and the maximum is 30 feet). Once you’ve made your selection, be sure to tap “Save” in order to save your changes.
The Ring Doorbell 3: Setting Motion Detection Zones and Sensitivity.
How to Change Distance on Ring Doorbell 2
If you have a Ring Doorbell 2, you may be wondering how to change the distance at which it detects motion. By default, the device is set to detect motion from 10 feet away. However, you can easily adjust this setting by following these simple steps:
1. Open the Ring app on your smartphone or tablet. 2. Tap on the “Devices” tab at the bottom of the screen. 3. Select your Ring Doorbell 2 from the list of devices.
4. Tap on “Motion Settings.” 5. Use the slider to adjust the distance at which you want your doorbell to detect motion. The maximum distance is 30 feet.
If you have a Ring Doorbell 3, you may be wondering how to change the distance at which it detects motion. The good news is that it’s actually pretty easy to do! Here’s a quick step-by-step guide on how to change the distance on your Ring Doorbell 3:
1. Open the Ring app and go to the Devices tab. 2. Find your Ring Doorbell 3 in the list of devices and tap on it. 3. Tap on Motion Settings.
4. Use the slider to adjust the detection distance for your doorbell. The maximum distance is 30 feet (9 meters). 5. Tap Save when you’re done.