If you have a Ring Doorbell, you may be wondering if there is a way to mute it. The good news is that yes, you can mute your Ring Doorbell. There are a few different ways that you can do this, and we will go over all of them in this article.
- Locate your doorbell chime box
- This is typically located inside your home, near the front door
- Find the switch or circuit breaker that powers your doorbell chime box and flip it to the “Off” position
- Your doorbell should now be muted and will not make any noise when someone rings your doorbell button
Can You Disable Doorbell Noise for Ring?
Yes, you can disable the doorbell noise for Ring. Here’s how:
1. Open the Ring app on your mobile device.
2. Tap the three lines in the top left corner to open the menu. 3. Tap Devices. 4. Select your Doorbell from the list of devices.
5. Tap Device Settings (the gear icon). 6. Toggle off Chime Sounds under Alert Settings.
How Do You Temporarily Silence a Ring?
If you need to silence your Ring for any reason, there are a few different ways to do so. The first is to simply press the “silence” button on your Ring app. This will mute all sounds coming from your Ring devices for a period of time that you can set (1 hour, 8 hours, or 24 hours).
If you want to temporarily disable all motion alerts from your Ring devices, you can do so by turning on “Do Not Disturb” mode in the app. This will prevent any motion alerts from being sent to your phone for a period of time that you can set (1 hour, 8 hours, or 24 hours). Finally, if you want to stop all notifications (motion alerts and sound notifications) from your Ring devices, you can put them into “night mode.”
In night mode, yourRing devices will not emit any sounds or send any notifications for a period of time that you can set (4 hours, 8 hours, or 12 hours).
Ring Doorbell App Video Pro 2 3 DIY Turn Off Outside Sound Silent
How to Turn off Ring Doorbell Without App
If you want to turn off your Ring Doorbell without using the app, there are a few different ways you can do this. One way is to simply remove the batteries from the doorbell. This will completely disable the device and it will no longer be able to ring.
Another way is to press and hold the orange button on the back of the doorbell for 20 seconds. This will also disable the device. Finally, you can use the included screwdriver to remove the faceplate of the doorbell.
This will expose the wires and allow you to disconnect them, effectively turning off your Ring Doorbell.
If you have a Ring Doorbell, you may be wondering if there’s a way to mute it. The good news is that there is! In this blog post, we’ll show you how to mute your Ring Doorbell so that it doesn’t make any noise when someone rings it.